Knox Camp Staff
Are you up to the challenge of serving as Camp Staff? Simply the best job you will ever have, you will work hard while having a great time serving the Scouts and Scouters who make KSR there summer camp home.
Camp Director: Sheila Zimmerman
2021 Camp Staff Information
Knox Scout Reservation will employ over 50 staff members in 2021. Scouts and Scouters from across the country are eligible. We pay a competitive salary and offer a great summer time work experience. One of the advantages of working at Knox is you can still have time to enjoy other activities during the summer months ... and have money in your pocket!
Competition for employment is keen; the jobs demanding; the experience exhilarating.
Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (if over 18), marital status, veteran status, or the presence of health problems or handicap that is unrelated to your ability to perform the job requested.
- Both new and returning staff are required to submit a complete Staff Application each year, in order to be considered for employment.
- The preferred minimum age required is 16. Candidates that are 14 and 15 years old may apply to be unpaid Counselors in Training.
- Boy Scouts of America standards require age 21 minimum for some positions as indicated in the Camp Positions listed on the application form.
- Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification is required of everyone, new or returning staff.
- Staff members that are 15 years old are required to obtain a Georgia Youth Employment Certificate work permit. The completed form must be signed by a parent/guardian and turned in when reporting for work.
- Dates for the 2021 camp season are June 6 through June 26th. Certain staff will also be asked to support the Webelos Resident Camp program, working June 27 through July 1.
- Applicants must be registered members of the Boy Scouts of America or agree to become registered before employment begins.
- The principles of the Scout Oath or Promise and Law must be practiced as a way of life.
- The staff is expected to set an example in Scouting, which includes the proper wearing of the Scout field uniform.
- Salary is based on position responsibility with consideration to the individual’s experience.
- References are important! Letters of recommendation are encouraged.
- Review the list of jobs and indicate three preferences on the application. A brief resume of your experience for each of your choices is suggested.
- Mail or email your application in early. Opportunities for employment are better for those who apply prior to January 1, 2021.
Camping Director, Georgia Carolina Council
4132 Madeline Drive
Augusta GA, 30909
Phone (706) 733-5277
email the Camp Director