Awards & Recognition
Annually the Georgia-Carolina Council will present a selection of awards to recognize volunteers for their dedicated service to the Scouting program. These awards acknowledge individuals who continue to provide a quality Scouting experience to youth throughout the CSRA and surrounding communities. Please consider nominating dedicated Scouters that have influenced the program throughout their council, districts and communities.
Council Recognition Banquet : Registration will Launch in December!
Nominations are due by December 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM
AWARDS OPEN FOR NOMINATION AT THIS TIME :
- District Award of Merit
- an award presented to Scouters who've rendered outstanding service at the District-level.
- Baden-Powell Award
- is presented to leaders at the unit and district-level who demonstrates values as a trusted mentor, guide, and protector of youth as did Lord Baden-Powell. This nominee nurtures and develops youth to become leaders of character, physical and moral fitness, and sound citizenship to exemply the Scout Oath & Law.
- Michael "Doc" Graybeal Award
- to recognize scouter's who've continued to support scouting tirelessly through time, talent and treasure through unwavering committment and generous contributions at the unit, district and council-levels for a minimum of 10-years continual service.
- Margaret Carden Ole' Hoss Award
- presented to volunteers who've demonstrated innovative, motivational leadership impacting scouts in academics, scouting growth and community service beyond everyday scouting.
- Yanabe Yalangaway Award
- to recognize scouters who have provided outstanding service at the district-level for a minimum of 5-years.
- Silver Beaver Award
- the highest council-level award presented to volunteers for distinguished service to youth.
- President's Award
- presented to a tenured volunteer who has contributed extraordinary work in scouting and provided extensive service at the council-level by recommendation of the Council President.
- Fred C. Davison Award
- is presented to those who've contributed outstanding service to support the council camping program and the development of facilities and program at local council scout camps.
- James H. Conley Commissioner's Award
- in reocognition of those who have demonstrated extended tenure in outstanding service to units as a member of the district or council-level Commissioner Corps, presented annually by the Council Commissioner.
- Venturing Leadership Award
- in recognition of service provided to the Venturing program at the council-level.
- Sea Scout Leadership Award
- to recognize those who have made exceptional contributions to Sea Scouting at the council-level.
- NESA Outstanding Eagle Scout Award - NOTE - NOESA NOMINATIONS DUE NOVEMBER 30, 2022
- a distinguished recognition awarded to Eagle Scouts for outstanding service to his profession and community.
Council-level awards will be presented at the Council Recognition Banquet in March 2023!
To Submit A Nomination : Online - Nomination forms may be submitted using the online form below; In-Office - Forms may be submitted to Rebecca Stiles, Registrar in the council service center.