Opportunites for service by Scouts are plentiful in the CSRA. On this page we will share opportunities that we know of. If your organization would like to share an opportunity with use please contact the council service center.
Phinizy Center for Water Sciences
We can always schedule litter pickups around the trails and the park.
We are in need for groups of people to be a part of our ADOPT-A-TRAIL program. Basically, they adopt a trail here and keep it up by coming out at least once a month and clean up that trail by litter pickup and/or vegetation cut back (only if needed), ... etc. The scouts would just need to pick a trail and send us a report of what they did and how many hours that one time a month they come out.
Upcoming Work Days
October 19, 2019...9 am - 12 pm (River's Alive)
December 7, 2019...9 am - 12 pm
- Boardwalk connection between Flood Plains Boardwalk, Cattail Trail and Short Cut between Cattail Trail and Flood Plains Boardwalk
- Play Area Additions, maintenance and clean up
- Matching swinging bench on Rain Garden Boardwalk
- Educational Classroom maintenance
- Invasive Plant Species removal (usually Eagle's Scouts like to use this as an "Add on")
- Boardwalk maintenance and Repairs
The contact for scouts is Volunteer and Events Manager Kim Dillard. She can be contacted at 706-396-1428 or Kim.Dillard@phinizycenter.org.