Effective August 4, 2020:
All NEW youth and adult unit applications will be submitted online only. No paper applications will be turned into the Georgia-Carolina Council. Paper applications will still be used for new/returning Merit Badge Counselors, Youth/Adult Transfers, Adult Position Changes, and district/council positions.
The National Fee Schedule:
- $66 for Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing and Sea Scouts participants ($5.50 per month)
- $42 for Exploring participants ($3.50 per month)
- $42 for all adult volunteers (includes the cost of background check) ($3.50 per month)
- $75 for a unit charter fee
- 25 Joining Fee for new Cub Scout, Scouts BSA, Venturing, and Sea Scout youth participants. (There is no joining fee for Exploring participants, participants previously registered in any BSA program, those transferring from one program to another, or adult volunteers).
The Georgia-Carolina Council Fee remains at $7.00 per registration.
Below are helpful links and tips:
Adult Application (Fillable PDF) - Except Explorers
Youth Application (Fillable PDF) - Except Explorers
Need help with Online Registration? CLICK HERE
CHARTER RENEWAL SUPPORT
Other GACA Council Rechartering information is being updated. Check back often for updates.
All applicants 18 and older applicants must take Youth Protection and turn in a certificate and complete an adult application, not a youth application.
UNIT RECHARTER ACCESS WILL BEGIN NOVEMBER 1, 2020
The 2021 Charter Renewal Handbook is your guide to the annual recharter process. With the assistance of your unit/district commissioner, this book will lead your unit step by step through rechartering your unit.
Before you begin the Recharter process please read: 2021 Charter Renewal Handbook
For Internet Rechartering, Click Here
- Do NOT submit the DRAFT version of your paperwork
- Do NOT submit the SUMMARY pages with your paperwork
- Do SUBMIT your Charter paperwork ONLY to a Unit or District Commissioner or your District Executive
- Recharters are due by District Roundtable - Thursday, January 8, 2021.
- There are no transfer applications at recharter time (December 1, 2020 - January 31, 2021).
- Every year you receive a new access code for rechartering - You must log in as a first-time user every year!
- Recharter is not a paperless process.
- All leaders and youth over the age of 18 must-have current youth protection for their program. The system will not allow you to submit your charter if anyone does not have YPT or if any have expired.
- All leaders and youth over the age of 18 must complete the NEW background disclosure dated 1.1.2020 or later.
- Units who have an advancement chair - must add this as a secondary position to the adult.
RECHARTER DUE DATE IS JANUARY 7, 2021
FROM THE GEORGIA-CAROLINA COUNCIL
What is a Charter?
In the BSA, a charter authorizes an organization to operate BSA Scouting units. It certifies the agreement between a chartered organization - an organization that agrees to utilize Scouting as part of its service to youth - and the Boy Scouts of America, setting expectations for the quality of program to be delivered. Issuing a charter is one of the oldest traditions in Scouting.
Why is a Charter renewed annually?
Charters are usually issued for a period of 1 year; hence, Chartered Organizations must submit an application to the Council annually to renew its charter. the requirements to renew a charter:
- Fosters a formal, timely plan for regular dialogue between charter organization and BSA, and
- Assures membership is current so Scouts can participate in Scouting activities and advance in rank.
Who can I contact with specific questions?
Contact your Unit Commissioner, District Commissioner or your District Executive for help with charter renewal.
Best wishes to all for a stress-free and successful Recharter Season!!